Position: Drilling Wellsite Supervisors
N.L. Fisher Supervision & Engineering (NLF) is currently seeking competent Wellsite Supervisors to join our Drilling Operations Team. The Drilling Supervisor, who reports directly to the Drilling Superintendent or Project Engineer, will be responsible for supervising overall operations, and supporting programs to satisfy the objectives of the well design.
N.L. Fisher is looking for experienced Drilling Supervisors with history and a proven record of performance in the following specific formations: Wilrich, Falher, Ellerslie MBR, Glauconite, Pembina and similar formations. Managed Pressure Drilling experience is beneficial for the applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide wellsite drilling supervision services
- Support NLF in achieving the top provider of well construction engineering and supervision services in the basins we operate.
- Support NLF values in Safety, Efficiency and Accuracy
- Be the Prime Contractor’s responsible representative at the Wellsite
- Provide support for continuous improvement of all aspects of field operations to achieve the corporate objective of being the top percentile performance provider in each core area.
- Adhere to NLF S.O.P. (Standard Operating Practices)
- Ensure flawless Safety performance at the well site
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Familiar with all applicable government codes, regulations, directives, and standards.
- Understands and applies Industry Recommended Practices
- Strong drilling background and understanding of drilling process
- Excellent inter-personal and relationship building skills
- Team Leader with good attitude, flexibility and mentoring skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong planning and problem solving skills
- Supports the delivery of accounting grade cost control (through accurate and timely daily reporting.
- Adheres to NLF standards for field ticketing and cost control procedures.
- A minimum 10 years drilling experience as a Wellsite Supervisor
- Excellent organizational skills, computer skills and communication skills
- Ability to work with high volumes of paperwork and inventory
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a consistent manner
Mandatory Professional Certification
- Second Line Supervisors Well Control
- Safety Management and Regulatory Awareness for Wellsite Supervisor
- H2S Alive
- Standard First Aid
- Incident Command System Training (ICS 100)
- Confined Space Entry – OSSA
- Fall Protection – General
- Incident and Accident Investigation
- Defensive Driving Reporting Database Training
- Vapor Plume ignition Training – For Critical Sour Wells
- IRP 16 (Basic Safety Awareness Training)
- Bear Awareness
- Focus on safety, efficiency and accuracy as it relates to NLF's competency based pay program.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with high volumes of paperwork and inventory.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations in a consistent manner.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills
Confined Space Entry – OSSA
Fall Protection – General
Incident and Accident Investigation
Defensive Driving Reporting Database Training
Vapor Plume ignition Training – For Critical Sour Wells
Incident Command System Training (ICS 100)
IRP 16 (Basic Safety Awareness Training)